Getaway to L´Ampolla

Sep 22, 2015
Last weekend we had a very last minute getaway, as we were invited to stay in a house of one of my husband´s friends in a small village near L´Ampolla, this village is considered a part of this town, as I even don´t really know it´s name. L´Ampolla it is about 150km away from Barcelona and as well it is within Catalunya. We went there on Saturday and come back on Sunday...huuh... we got tired. But, you know, it was worth doing this getaway. As, since I live in Spain I have never had such an experience. What I mean? The experience to be so far from crowds and a lot of cars. We enjoyed the sounds of the waves of the sea, we have listened grasshoppers and even we have enjoyed the pure silence of this village. Damian was running there and forth in the late evening as the weather was fantastic, not hot enough neither cold enough, just great to take a walk through the village and see very Spanish townhouses.






As well on this village we(I) have seen for the first time olive gardes, I was happy as a kid, as I have never seen in one place so many olive trees.



On Sunday we left this quiet place and went to L´Ampolla, and more to this to the Natural Park of Ebro (Parque Natural de l´Ebro), another quiet place, by the way, where apart of the silence we could enjoy the sounds of different birds. We walked almost 4km to get to the place where Ebro spills into the sea, there we have seen flamingos, a lot of them, and very near of us. These weren´t pink, were white, but it was wonderful to see all these beauties.



Even if we were very tired of this getaway, I had finally find a place where to look for the silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment