Watercolor discoveries, painting with red color

May 8, 2015
Watercolor is always good inside activities, that capture all toddlers attention and you can enjoy playing with him. The only thing that I do not like is the mess that I have to clean after this activity. To keep my toddler busy and to make the activity fund and not so easy I have opted for other way of painting.

For this activity I needed:

  • toilet paper roll
  • piece of sponge
  • watercolor, I choose red color
  • special kind of dress that can get dirty
This activity develops fine motor skills of my toddler as he learns the texture of a sponge and how this changes once he use it to paint, learns red color and how he can paint with that color, and then paper roll, to paint it is not the easiest task for them as it is not a plane like a paper. I feel like I gave him a good lesson of feeling shapes and color.

Once finished the task, Damian enjoyed painting with fingers on the white paper, I think he loved the idea to get dirty :).







No comments:

Post a Comment