Festa Major at Sagrada Familia an event that brings joy inside us

Apr 20, 2015
Yesterday we went for a really great event called Festa Major that took place at Sagrada Familia. Festa Major is an yearly celebration that is dedicated to a saint, and depending on each city can last from 1 to 9 days and can have a lot of activities in different parts of the city. We enjoyed watching human towers or Castells, how it is called in Catalan. It is very traditional Catalan event that I wanted to see from my first day here in Barcelona. The idea was that people of different ages form a tower of people and in this way they show the importance of a team and how they lean on each other. It is very important that people who participate in creating of these towers are well prepared to afford the weight of the persons who stay on theirs shoulders.

More about the history and the rules of creating these towers you can find here:
http://www.castellersdebarcelona.cat/international/what-exactly-are-castells-or-human-towers/

But meanwhile I will share with you, my own experience. So, it was amazing to watch all the preparations of the people, to see how much they care of theirs health and make this show not just beautiful, but safe too. Then I saw how children get prepared for the tower, even though at theirs age they understand the importance of team building and the importance to be prepared for this show. I had time to analize the preparations, while the show I had not time to watch as our toddler was running there and forth and I took some pictures very quickly. As I went mainly for my son there, I thought that if he is happy while he is running and not watching the show, I have to be happy as well. This event for sure brings joy in hearts of everybody as you can't stay and watch this beatifulness with indiference.

Enjoy some amazing pictures:















No comments:

Post a Comment