Another day, another place in Barcelona - Sagrada Familia

Apr 27, 2015
This is not a travel blog, I know, but this blog is my place where I share all great moments that I have with my toddler. All inside activities and outside activities that we do together. Traveling is our hobby and one of my life goals is to see all the world together with my toddler, and in this way to show to my toddler the life outside the place he was born, because every place is unique in its way.

Barcelona is a city that I fall in love from my first day when we came here to live. This is a very beautiful city not just for tourists but for its citizens as well. That's why I want to continue with my project Discover Barcelona, and this time I would like to present to you dear mothers and families, Sagrada Familia (The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família). If you come for the first time to Barcelona, I would advice to write this place under "must see place", but if it is not your first time in Barcelona and you travel with children, then this place it is too crowdy to take a walk here.

The church project began long time ago the construction, official date of comencing 1882, and then in 1883 in this project was involved the famous architect Gaudi, taking control over the project and transforming this architecture into an unique project combining Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau forms to this. When Gaudí died in 1926, the basilica was between 15 and 25 percent complete. After his death, the project continued the activity, but very slowly. (source Wikipedia) Even though, the architects who continued with this project, tried to maintain the idea of Gaudi regarding this project. The project is supposed to be finished in 2026, that's why nowadays you can see a lot of changes during your visits to Barcelona.

Interior of  this church is very shy, there are a lot of mosaic colors that play with each other, and on a sunny day, the church is very beatiful inside. Not only the colors make this church beautiful, but as well its architecture.

My impressions are, I wouldn't take a walk there outside of Sagrada Familia, as it is very crowdy and you have to stay on fourth with your baby. Because Damian like running and playing outside, so this is not the safest place to do this. But, inside the church, it is amazing, and there is a lot of space to go, that's why my toddler didn't get bored.

I advice you to take a tour inside this amazing unique church.











No comments:

Post a Comment